Originally Posted by smfuller
94 Bonneville wont start. put key in and turn key all lights and power comes on but when you turn the key to start the car all lights and power dies just like a bad battery all you hear is click.
1. Turned car off pumped gas and tried to start car thought dead battey tried jumping no luck, towed home.
2. Charged battery and cleaned battery post, no luck.
3. Removed starter checked bad, replaced with new starter, same thing no luck.
4. Removed battery and put new onein car, same thing .
5. Used a wrench on the motor and it does turn.
What should i do now any help thanks Scott
If your positive cable is a double cable check the contact between the two cables for corrosion. Check the cable down into the insulation for deterioration from battery acid. check the ground connections for negative at both ends.
I'm assuming your problem is not VATS system because you're saying the power dies implying that there is a drain like the starter is connecting.
For the VATS, when you turn the key to ON do you see a security light for a few seconds which goes off as the VATS reads the proper resistance from the chip in the key?
After the security light goes off, when you crank is the click very light like a relay under the middle of the dash connecting? That would be the starter enable relay being permitted to connect by the VATS system.