Many of you will be familiar with the EGR cleaning provided for in techinfo. That pertains to the pre-94 EGR'*.
The procedure to clean the newer style is simlilar and much more simplistic.
Let'* ask Cfoote who called last night saying he was next door at Advance Auto for a scan of that check engine light.
1. Estabilsh the code and that it is sticking. Buy fresh gasket before leaving parts store
2. Drive to Bill'* where Randy and Bill are chillin. Disconnect the electrical connection
3. Remove 2 13mm nuts holding EGR on.
4. Using rag (hot as heck EGR) remove the EGR and tip up spray carb cleaner inside and gently move pintle valve in and out with small pick or screwdriver.
5 Repeat spraying and moving pintle until it moves smoothly.
6. Reinstall and hook electrical up with a dab of dielectric grease.
7. Remove and reinstall electrical connector 5 times.
(aka..ensure clean contacts)
Drive to Advance where they will hand the scanner over to me so I can clear the code again.
There is very little to actually clean and I didn't see any dirt or carbon come off the EGR. It was sticky when pushed all the way in, and the cleaner took care of that problem.