It'* most likely one of two things:
1. Battery acid crud inside the plastic ends of the positive cable.
2. Battery is on it'* last legs.
You can have the battery tested, if it'* more than a couple years old. But you it needs to be fully charged when you test it. Then I would recommend taking it out of the car and bench testing.
But first, I would disconnected the positive cable and check it real good for white/blue corrosion. It gets inside the plastic and acts as an insulator to the lead wafers. Especially on these cars where they have one lug going through multiple cable terminals. You can get alot of it out with small picks like a dentist uses. If it is severe, you may need to dunk the whole end of the cable into a baking soda solution. It'* a tedious job, to get that stuff out, but it needs to be done or you are going to keep having no-start issues.
I've even seen it so bad on some cars that the red insulator was sliced wide open to release the crud.
If you have this problem, then tests for the battery & charging system could be inacurate, if done with the battery hooked up.
Last edited by Thin Indian; 04-28-2009 at 07:18 PM.