We pulled the tank tonight.
What we did was:
1) unhooked the fill tube from the body
2) unhooked the fill tube from the rubber fitting (be careful as they are connected)
3) Plugged the rubber fitting with a tin lid from some jar, and then we hose clamped it (we had half a tank of fuel
4) Drilled out the bolts for the gas tank straps (we will replace them with better bolts)
5) Got the rubber fill tube fitting past the E-brake cables (it was ugliness)
6) unhooked gas lines at the fuel filter
7) unplugged the electrical to the pump
We rocked it side to side towards the drivers side, and it pretty much slid right out
***We did not have to remove the exhaust or the heat shield (Thank god!)
Tomorrow I will be picking up all the parts I should need, and hopefully reinstalling to massive success.
I had a hell of a time finding basic information on this job, and what is the best way to attack it. Maybe people can chime in with tips to do it better, and the next guy in line will be helped
Thank you to the people who have chimed in, and I will be sure to post my results, successful or otherwise.