Originally Posted by birdnest
My 1993 SSE wont start at all. Doesn't even try to turn over. (no clicking, nothing) I have all lights and my battery has 12.4 volts. In the past it has been the battery cables but I have cleaned them real well twice. All fuses under the driver side panel are good. Any Ideas??
Just in case others who thought this forum was to find out information about Bonneville car problems, instead of what kind of oil works good or photos of a car in the snow that got 15+replies. I will answer my own question that got NO replies about my 93 that would not start. So I took apart the battery cables one more time and poured coke all over the ends. Then I check the battery and it had 11.8 volts. So I put the battery charger on for 4 hours and it started. There must be something that won’t allow the car to even begin to crank over unless it has so much volts. The cables are famous for corrosion to form fast on these cars.