Is there a trick to tightening the pulley bolts?
I got it all back together. I am going to wait until Sunday to fill it and check for leaks. I want to be sure to give the sealant a lot of time to cure. I think a healthy person could change one of these water pumps in a couple of hours without much trouble, if everything goes smoothly like mine did. I have to stop and rest a lot, so it takes me a long time to do anything. It gives me more time to plot and scheme, though.
A couple of things I didn't see mentioned anywhere else on site, that are somewhat common sense type things, but you don't want to leave out.
Clean all the bolts. I used a hand held brush shaped like a toothbrush, with brass bristles. I was wishing I had a bench grinder with a wire wheel before I finished. A media blast cabinet would come in handy here instead, just make sure to degrease the bolts so you don't contaminate the media.
Put sealant on the bolt threads. Some of the bolts holes are open to the water jackets, without sealant they may leak coolant. Also the sealant may help reduce corrosion on the exposed part of the bolt. If a little bit squirts out the hole when you tighten it up, that'* okay too. It helps seal the bolt head.
I'm not sure I got the pulley bolts tight enough, I couldn't fit my torque wrench in there. Other than that, this is a pretty straightforward swap. I would have rather done it a little later, when I get my Grand Prix back, but sometimes I have to eat the plate I'm fed.