Well, maybe this is my inside light issues as well also, I have no passenger side lights at all in my car when I open the doors, all I get is the drivers side door lights and the under dash light’*. You can’t even run all the lights together as they will dim out and wont even hardly light up.
I pulled the passenger side front plunger and it also only has one wire also.
I hope maybe it was a quick simple fix for someone when the plungers went bad and not the fact that it could be a disaster!
The car is free from any rust of course and it looks brand new besides the fact of no headliner and the leather seats being cracked and wore smooth out. The drivers side seat stopped working (recline part) on my way home from the dealer (go figure)
So far the issues I have had in the month I have had it and the miles (was at 131,800 when I got it) now it’* around 133something
(1) Int. magnet (JB weld fix!)
(2) Dome lights are freaks!
(3) alarm wires are not correct
(4) the dimmer switch for the dash was bad (fixed)
(5) the radio and ac display goes out sometimes all together sometimes half (thump it and it comes back on however)
(6) The compass has a mind of its own!
(7) I have no fog lights (they was missing when I got the car
The rear drivers side door was stuck 3 days after I got it (fixed now tho)
(9) Fuel pump is going bad
(10) My front exhaust gasket is leaking a little bit
(11) The gain control for the sound system wouldn’t stay pushed down (fixed now)
(12) My ac worked for like the first 2 days and then it blew warm air (common issue as far as I have read so far)
(13) I have some sensor that’* behind my grill that’* eletrical taped to the grill (maybe the compass sensor or who knows!)
(14) Passenger side taillight was broken (think to get water out) the drivers side has had water inside it a good amount from the looks (think I will buy the amber and red ones to replace them with not sure yet tho)
(15) I had one missing center cap when I got the car and after a trip to wal-mart in the daylight I no longer have any of the dang things!
(16) Thank the lord my SSE is an extra fun car and not a daily driver since she needs some TLC!
Most of the stuff I have noticed is typical stuff that goes wrong with the Bonneville’* so I am not that worried about it, if it was non typical things going bad such as headlights shorting out and cruise going on its own free will and stuff I would be worried.
I love the car to death and always wanted one and I found this one at a local car lot (was sitting on the side of the GM dealership lot) and I got a really decent deal I think as its mostly small stuff and it runs great even with the fuel pump going out. I paid $475.00 for the car. I guess that might have been high maybe, but it’* the 1st I have seen around Oklahoma City in forever!
Thanks for the help!