Thanks for the help guys. I got completely fed up after tinkering inside the panel, and I took it in to the shop. I got absolutely everything fixed, including a tune up (plugs, filters, fluids, etc) for $450 CDN, which is a great deal seeing how I got the car for free. Everything turned out to be broken wires inside the driver side door, and seized parts. Once that was fixed all my seat adjustments worked again as well.
Included in that price was the replacement of a smashed vent window, and to get the driver side doors unstuck. Now the car is in pristine condition, and runs great.
Theres also only 208, 000km on it (130, 000mi), which isn't bad for an '89 so it still has some life left in it for awhile.