Originally Posted by Timothy'* Buick
i'd spent an hour trying to take the hoses off
It took me more time to find my small needle nosed vise grip pliers than it did to remove the clamps with them. Maybe ten minutes tops.
Been there done that on the frustration thing, though. I wasn't in any hurry and spent a minute or two looking at it and figuring it all out. I've found that'* usually better than breaking things. To each his own.
As far as a head start on the procedure,
1. drain radiator through small valve on lower left side.
2. take off the firewall cover on the right side of engine compartment
3. remove trim panel piece under right side of dash.
4. remove glove box.
5. remove climate control programmer. might need to use a small screwdriver to pry off wiiring connector, don't undo vacuum lines, they will have enough slack that you can move them aside far enough to
6. remove the black core housing.
7. attempt to remove spring type hose clamps.
8. cuss a lot because they are so hard to reach.
9. figure out I was right and go find a small needle nosed vise grip to remove the clamps.
10. remove the heater core.
11. install new heater core.
12. replace everything you removed, and fix everything you broke, unless you replaced it.